"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage. Do not be afraid, For the Lord, your God is with you wherever you go. "



-Joshua 1:9



Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Today was great!! I got to meet the little girl I sponsor through compassion, named Nathaly. She is the cutest little thing I have ever seen! We all met in the lobby of the hotel at 11:45 and walked a couple of blocks down to a park where we met our children. There were probably about 15 of us that have sponsored children in Ecuador.

I found out that Nathaly's name is actually pronounced just like Nataly, when this entire time I have been saying it like there is an "h".  Her Dad and her tutor were both with her. We basically spent all of the time between 12:00 and 4:00 together. Another good thing was that each of us had a private translator. That way, I was able to talk to them the whole time without having to wait.

Nathaly was very shy at first, she wouldn't even smile. But after we started swinging she warmed up. She also loved the gifts I gave her. Her favorite thing out of all of them was the baby doll. She held it and rocked it for about an hour. :)

I found out that she has two brothers and a sister, and that her Mom is pregnant with another little boy. The crazy thing was that Nathaly's Mom called while we were at the park and said that she thought the baby was coming. I am not really sure what was going on... But they didn't have to leave.

This morning we also went shopping at an open-air market. It was really fun! I got a couple of bags, a wallet, a shirt, and three bracelets.

No comments:

Post a Comment